Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 11: Turning Point in your life


"We're gonna make some big decisions in our little world" - Bob Ross
The older you get, the more turning points you see in your life. smile emoticon
A number of years ago, I received a Bob Ross painting starter kit for my birthday from my husband. From the moment I started following Bob’s instruction, I was able to start creating work right away, and I not onlyamazed myself but others as well. I then went on then to take classes from other artists and explore other techniques. Although I learned a wide variety of methods and techniques from other sources and employ them in my painting, I still will borrow a technique or two as need from Bob Ross.
I have always dreamed of painting beautiful works of art, my husband encouraged me, but the spark of my inspiration did not come to full fruition until I started understanding the beautiful vision with me! From the very first painting that I did, following Bob Ross’ instruction, I gained the confidence to keep pursuing what I thought was only a dream, to be an Artist. I truly enjoy painting more than I can express, and I wished I could have thanked Bob Ross in person for helping guide me to where I am today as an artist. I do know that we all can't be great artists, but we all can enjoy what Bob Ross taught us. I also love my art, my painting, no matter the medium, because it brings me joy and relives stress more than anything else I know of.
Thank you Mr. Ross for the joy and stress relief you have provided to me over the years.
Original watercolor painting. 9"x 12 " 90lb.
Tomorrow - 08/12/2015 Day 12 Most recent accomplishment

P.S.Here are some of his best bits of wisdom.



We want happy paintings. Happy paintings. If you want sad things, watch the news.
You can do anything you want to do. This is your world.
People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different.
If you did this with blue, and you went over it with yellow, you would end up with a nice green sky. And that's not the thing we are looking for.
Try to imagine that you are a tree. How do you want to look out here?
Little raccoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit.
We're gonna make some big decisions in our little world.
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.
Oh, green water... oh that's pretty. Boy, I like that, just alive with algae.
Maybe in our world there lives a happy little tree over there.
People look at me like I'm a little strange, when I go around talking to squirrels and rabbits and stuff. That's ok. Thaaaat's just ok.
Talk to the tree, make friends with it.
You can put as many or as few as you want in your world.
He was all, “It’s okay to be weird.”
Happy Little Clouds
“There are no mistakes. Just happy accidents. ”
There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.